Saturday, February 16, 2008
Update on Jayci
So Things have been crazy around here so I finally get to update you on Jayci. So The surgery was at 11 am and she couldn't have anything to eat for 6 hours before hand. Jayci is always starving in the morning and eats 2-3 bowls of cereal. Actually right now she is hollering for bowl 2. So I got her up at 4:30 a.m. and fed her some cereal and then we both went back to bed. She still wasn't happy that she couldn't eat though. Jordan and I tried to hide out breakfasts from her that morning. In the hospital she saw a lady with a banana and we thought she might attack her she was yelling "nanna, nanna!" So anyway we got in the room where they take her away from us. Yes, that was the hardest part. We couldn't even watch them put her under. They sent us out the door with her bawling for us. So we grabbed a quick romantic valentine lunch in the hospital cafe and were about halfway done when the doctor came to get and and told us we could go back. When we walked in the little room she was screaming, trying to wake up from the anesthesia. Jon took her and she just cuddled up to him and went to sleep again, it was so cute. Cute I guess except for the part that she had a huge gaze pack on her face and blood all over her face and chest. Anyway I will hurry this story up. The doctor said they got a bunch of old thick puss out of her face. Sorry for those with weak stomachs. They put gauze in the cut and that night I had to pull it out and almost threw up it was so gross. They don't stitch it up, they leave it open to drain. Jayci started crying and so did Jordan. Anyway, it is looking better now and healing and she is playing normally. We hope this will take care of it and that it won't scar too bad and in a week or two her face will be normal. Thanks for all your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Poor little Jayci! I'm so sorry to read about this... hopefully she is doing better and will heal perfectly :)
We sure miss you guys!
Morghan
POOR JAYCI!!! That is so sad. I don't understand why they feel the need to tramatize the child further by not letting them be with their parents when they fall asleep. Anyway...I'm glad she is doing better and that it's overwith.
Give her tons of hugs and kisses from us! We are thinking of her! Love you Jayci!
I am so sorry. That would be really hard to handle. It sounds like you did a fantastic job being strong. I hope that everything continues to go well. Jordan was telling me yesterday about Jayci owee, I didn't kow what she was talking about, she is co concerned for her sister, she is a good big sister.
I'm soooo glad the surgery part is over and we will continue to pray for her full recovery!
So sad. Poor little Jayci. Hope she does well on all the supplements. Glad the surgery went as planned.
That just breaks my heart. Poor thing! How hard for you guys too. Please know you guys are in our prayers!!
Mandy
Post a Comment