Saturday, August 4, 2007
Just Reading Books
Last week Jordan refused to take a nap. She would stay in bed for 3-4 hours playing and trying to keep herself awake. Finally just when I was beginning to give in and think she was too old for naps I tried a brilliant idea my mom used with us. I told her she doesn't have to take naps anymore, but she has to read books on her bed. She loves books by the way. So it worked, she has taken naps every day this week except one. She comes downstairs 2-3 hours later and I ask her if she had fun reading books and she smile and says yep. A couple times she has said she read books and slept, but usually she says she just read books. Imagine that, when she isn't trying to fight falling asleep, she falls asleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nap time has always been an issue in our house. I didn't even know you had a blog until I stumbled upon it today. It will be great to check in and see what you guys are up to!
I do that with Bekah if I can tell she's tired and it works like a charm! oh how I wish she would take a nap every day though! don't give them up until the last possible second!
that is a very good idea, i never thought of that!! Awesome
Post a Comment